Fairlawns Hotel & Spa
Here to help
As you would expect Fairlawns is an accessible site for most guests with access requirements. However as we are traditional building, built on a sloping site and subject to planning, financial, operational and logistical constraints, we do have a few limitations. Over the years we have invested in all areas to improve access.
We do recommend contacting us in advance if you anticipate any difficulties, have any unique requirements or if you require the use of accessible cloakrooms, bedrooms or changing facilities. This is so the appropriate areas can be reserved or explained to you.
We are delighted to look after all guests and our team will be happy to discuss your requirements with a view to achieving the high standard of service, comfort and the hospitality we aim to offer all guests.
Main areas to be aware:
- Access to the hotel can be via ramp or lift and we reserve parking bays for guests who display appropriate badges.
- Access to the restaurant does involve two internal steps, a handrail is available or an alternative route via the hotel exterior can be taken if needed.
- We have lift access to most bedrooms and our Penthouse Business Suite however please note;
- some corridors are a little long so please request a convenient room to the facilities you plan to use most if this is required.
- some rooms, mainly junior and executive suites, have internal stairs so advise us in advance.
- We have three rooms with fully accessible bathrooms – if you need this facility please reserve on booking.
- Our health club and spa is largely accessible, however we have steps leading down into the pool (wide entrance steps similar to a staircase to enter pool with hand rail either side). Gym equipment is Technogym so guests with any specific needs or aims who wish to use this would need to discuss this with a qualified member of the team in advance of booking; we are unable to assist with training.
- Our function rooms have accessible parking bays – please ring ahead of arrival if you need directions to the most convenient bay.
- The Garden, Orchard and Willow Rooms are all situated on the ground floor however there are a number of internal steps, so we have alterative access points.
- Statement updated December 2018.
Printed information or pages from this website may be made available in large print upon request. Alternatively we will be delighted to talk you through our various facilities and offers.