Fairlawns Hotel & Spa
This website and cookies
We do not collect personal information from your computer without your knowledge or consent, and you can change the settings in your browser to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer/device if you wish to. In some instances this could prevent certain features of the website from functioning correctly.
What is a cookie?
A “Cookie” is a small text file stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device, or held temporarily in its memory.
The cookies used on our website help to:
- Make the website function in the way you would expect
- Remember that you are logged in (if you have login access)
- Improve the speed and security of the website
- Enable social sharing of content using your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+ accounts
- Improve the customer journey, content, function and features of our website
- Improve the efficiency of our marketing, which in turn helps us to offer our service at the best possible price
- Collect personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass any personally identifiable information to third parties
You do not have to consent to accept cookies from this website. They can usually be managed via your web browser/device or mobile device and they can be deleted or blocked, if you prefer. However, please be aware that deleting or blocking cookies may degrade some of the ways in which this website operates, and potentially, your experience using it.
Cookies used on the Fairlawns website
We assume you are happy for us to place cookies on your device in order for you to browse our website and use the functions to make a booking.
- Necessary cookies:
Cookies necessary to the function of the website may be used to allow you to:
- Make a booking, using our online booking engine (Avvio)
- Register for special offers by email or mobile, (Dot mailer)
- Ask a question online
- Explore our locations, using Google Maps
These cookies are needed in order for the website to perform the functions outlined correctly. If they are disabled or removed you will not be able to use the site as intended. They are deleted when you close your browser.
- Performance cookies:
From time to time we may employ cookies that allow us to test different versions of our website on different visitors. This helps us to understand how best to improve the website and the experience of anyone visiting it. This includes cookies which enable A/B or Multivariate Testing, meaning that different variations of the same page may be served to different visitors and anonymously assessed to understand how our customers interact with each variant.
- Analytics cookies:
Our website uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects anonymous, aggregated information that is not linked to your personally. However, the information does help us to understand how many people are visiting the website, the content that they are most interested in seeing, the browsers they are using and more. This enables us to improve, refine and test the website more effectively.
- Social media cookies:
Cookies are used to allow you to share content on our website on your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ accounts.
- Remarketing cookies:
From time to time we may use remarketing cookies. These cookies allow us to advertise on other websites in a more efficient way. If you have previously visited our website, you may be shown adverts containing special offers for our hotels and products. Information used for remarketing is anonymised and does not personally identify you.
- Basket abandonment cookies:
From time to time we may use basket abandonment cookies. In the event that you have attempted to make a booking and have reached the stage of entering your details, for the purpose of making that booking – but have not completed the booking – we may contact you by email to check if you require assistance to make your booking.
- Third-party cookies:
Fairlawns.co.uk, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third-party websites. Disabling these third-party cookies will prevent these functions and features from working correctly.