Fairlawns Spa, frequently asked questions
All you need to do is ask
You'll find answers to some of our most commonly asked questions below. Can't find what you're looking for? Please get in touch - we'd be happy to help.
Please note we are refurbishing our hydrotherapy suite from 8th January - 31st March, therefore the Hydrotherapy Suite is excluded at this time (Steam Rooms, Tepidarium, Foot Spa)
The following facilities remain available and spa day prices have been reduced to reflect this change: Spa Lounge, Spa Snug, Spa Reading & Relaxation Room, Fairlawns Gym, Sauna Suite (Sauna, Infra-red Sauna, Salt Room), Hot Tubs, Swimming Pool.
Any queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do I get access to the facilities if I book a treatment?
All of our treatments are available to be enjoyed individually, but access to the rest of our facilities is reserved for guests on Spa Days.
Please also book a spa day if you also wish to use Fairlawns Spa facilities.
Guests staying in the hotel can add a 3-hour chill out pass to an overnight booking for just £25 per person. This is exclusively available to hotel residents.
- Can I pay to just use the facilities?
- Do you sell vouchers that you don’t have to book a date for, and how long are they valid?
All of our spa day and treatment vouchers are available to purchase through Gifted and are generally valid for a 12 months unless it's a special offer with restricted dates. This means your recipient can book whenever they fancy a treat, as long as it’s within the validity period.
- Are there any age restrictions?
To create an environment that everyone can enjoy, our spa and health club facilities (including the swimming pool) are for over 16s.
- Arrival, parking and directions.
- Do you have any special offers?
- Do I get free use of the facilities if I book a hotel room?
As a hotel guest, you'll get full use of our fully-equipped gym at no extra cost. If you want to use the pool, saunas, steam rooms and hot tubs, you can add a 3-hour pass for just £25 per person. Fancy spending a little longer in the spa? You can always combine your stay with a spa day from just £100.
- Are there any medical conditions that prevent me from visiting?
Certain medical conditions may preclude you from having some of the treatments and all treatments are carried out subject to completion of a medical questionnaire.
We will always do our best to help and advise wherever possible when booking. However, please bear in mind that our team are not medical professionals and we do not have access to your medical history.
Guests with heart conditions, high/low blood pressure, circulatory disorders, epilepsy, arthritis/rheumatism, diabetes, pregnancy, allergies, recent surgery, cancer (within the last 5 years) should consult their doctor prior to booking and undertake all heat experiences or spa treatments at their own risk. If you have any concerns please notify us in advance.
- Can I visit when pregnant?
We welcome pregnant guests and have a range of treatments and packages specifically for mums-to-be.
We will always do our best to help and advise wherever possible when booking. However, please bear in mind that our team are not medical professionals and we do not have access to your pregnancy notes.
Please note most heat experiences are contra-indicated due to high temperatures. If you have and concerns please notify us in advance.
- Opening hours and further information.
VISITING FOR A TREATMENT
- Do I get access to the facilities if I book a treatment?
All of our treatments are available to be enjoyed individually, but they don’t include access to the rest of our facilities. If you wish to use the facilities, please book a spa day or add a 3-hour pass to an overnight booking for just £20 per person.
- How far in advance should I book treatments?
All treatments are subject to availability so it is best to book in advance of your visit. We strongly recommend booking them in advance especially if you are visiting at peak times (including school holidays and weekends).
Of course if we have availability you are welcome to add treatments whilst here.
- What should I wear for treatments
Wear something comfortable, so when you dress at the end of the treatment you will feel relaxed.
During treatments, therapists are trained to respect client’s modesty at all times, and a sarong will be provided in the treatment for you to be covered.
This is a professional service and you will be required to wear underwear or swimwear, or request disposable underwear.
Special requirements for some treatments:
Pedicures – bring or wear flip flops.
All nail appointments – please note we do not remove gel polish or acrylics, where applicable nails need to be clear of these. We normally put these towards the end of the day and for these we suggest changing into your clothes before the treatment as nail polish can take up to one hour to dry fully.
- Can I visit the hotel bar or restaurant when coming for a treatment?
- What time should I arrive for my treatment
VISITING FOR A SPA DAY
- How long is the spa day and what is included?
All of our spa packages are bespoke, but they always include access to the full facilities: gym, pool, hot tubs, hydrotherapy suite, sauna suite, hot drinks and iced waters, and exclusive access to spa lounges with delicious light bites throughout the day. Most packages include a treatment which you can find details for when booking the package. Spa days are from 10am -5pm.
- What is the maximum number of people I can book in for a Spa Day?
In order to keep a relaxed atmosphere we limit bookings to six guests per party, we ask that guests are mindful of this when making reservations.
- Can I book treatments for my Spa Day when I arrive?
All treatments are subject to availability so it is best to book in advance so we can plan your day.
Of course if we have availability you are welcome to add treatments on the day, however we strongly recommend booking them in advance if you wish to have similar times to the rest of your party and if you are visiting at peak times (including school holidays and weekends).
- Can I pay a deposit for my spa day?
In order to offer best availability to our guests we require full prepayment for all spa days.
- What should I bring to the spa?
You will need to bring
• A refillable water bottle (not glass) to stay hydrated throughout the day.
• Flip flops
• An original or printed copy of any gift vouchers relating to the booking.
You may like to bring
• A book or magazine
• Activewear including footwear for the gyms.
• Extra swimsuit for dry areas and treatments. Plus a bag to take your wet belongings home.
• Toiletries and hair styling tools (we provide hair dryers)
We provide for you during the day
• One towelling robe is included (additional robe hire £5.00)
• Two towels – One for your day and an additional towel to shower at the end of the day (additional towel hire £1.50)
• Toiletries in the changing facilities (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel)
Please note we recommend leaving jewellery and valuables at home as you may need to remove them for some treatments and facilities and we cannot be held responsible for any loss incurred.
- What food and drink are included in a spa day?
Throughout the day you will have light refreshments and lunch is provided.
Morning refreshments - Yoghurt & granola, butter Croissants & Fruits.
Lunch – A light lunch is included alongside freshly baked bread.
Afternoon refreshments – Homemade muffins and Fairlawns chocolate brownies.
Drinks: Teas, coffees, herbal tea, seasonal iced waters. Additional drinks such as juices, G&Ts and cocktails* can be purchased whilst making your reservation or on arrival.
We request dietary requirements on booking, if you have not mentioned any special requirements or allergies please contact us in advance.
* Please note we recommend limiting alcohol intake to one glass whilst using the spa facilities –as you need to drink responsibly when using the heat facilities and it is your responsibility to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
- What time are my spa treatments?
Treatments commence from 11am until 5pm and the exact times will be confirmed on arrival. Please contact us if you have not advised us of any travel arrangements that may affect treatment times. If you wish to add treatments please click here to book online or email email@example.com.
We strongly recommend booking treatments in advance.
- Do I need to bring my spa voucher?