Fairlawns Hotel & Spa
Our website privacy statement
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, and the following Data Protection policy works in compliance with all regulations.
This site is owned and managed by Fairlawns and we respect the privacy of all visitors to the site. Please find below information on how we collect and use data and should you have queries or concerns regarding the information contained in this policy, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Personal data” includes any of your information collected, logged or recorded by us in a way which allows us to identify you directly or indirectly. Please read this policy before providing us with any direct information (i.e. name) or indirect information (i.e. address).
This policy forms part of the terms and conditions of our services. By accepting our terms and conditions, you also accept the terms of our Data Protection policy detailed below.
Your rights as part of GDPR as fully respected and are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure where there is no reason for holding
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right to be notified
We hold on to your information for as long as you have a booking with us, and for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting. The exact time period is not defined as we also hold on to your information if reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. Should you wish to contact us at any time with questions, comments, data-related requests or similar, please email us at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
At various points, we may need to collect information about you and or the guests on your booking. We may also need you to verify this data with proof of identity. This information may include:
- Contact details such as your name, postal and email address and telephone number
- Personal information such as your date of birth and the names of the rest of your party (we only collect information regarding children from those aged over 18)
- Payment information such as your credit card number for transaction and reservation purposes
- Your booking details, room preferences, class bookings, spa treatments
- Any questions, comments, emails and feedback during or after a stay or visit to us
- Your IP address or cookie information
- Car registration details and property surveillance via CCTV for security
- We will never deliberately collect any sensitive information such as racial, religious, sexual or political alignment
When do we collect it?
Your information may be collected when:
- Telephones are recorded for training and monitoring purposes
- CCTV is in public and parking areas of the business
- Arriving in the car park
- Booking a room, checking in or paying
- Visiting the bar, restaurant, health club or spa and to reserve your place in these experiences
- Making or sending a request or complaint
- Completing SMS or online payment links.
- On arrival to open a guest account.
Your information may be collected online when:
- Completing any online enquiries, surveys or competition
- Subscribing to our email newsletter
- Through a third party i.e. a reservation system or travel agent
- When connecting to our website i.e. IP address or cookies
Why do we collect it and how we use it?
- to manage your reservation, requests and services
- to monitor use of amenities
- to manage your bookings throughout the hotel
- to manage special requests
- to send you special offers or information via email newsletter
- to manage financial and payment records relating to your stay or visit
- to manage your hotel booking
- to improve the level of service we offer, help understand our customer base and to assist in marketing and promotion of our services
- to guarantee bookings and take payment
- To improve our website navigation and prevent fraud or security breaches
Secure information storage
We take data security seriously and use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect your personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are aligned with widely accepted international standards which are applied and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data.
We have a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery strategy that is designed to safeguard the continuity of our service to our clients and to protect our people and assets.
We place appropriate restrictions on access to personal information, and all data and software is password protected and GDPR compliant. We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors operate in accordance with our information security policies and procedures.
We require our third-party vendors and providers to protect any personal information with which they are entrusted in accordance with our security policies and procedures. Any parties associated with online booking or payment directly through our website are GDPR compliant and bound by these obligations.
We may use certain information to refine your online experience with us and to show you promotions or products which may be of interest to you; you may amend your marketing preferences across your social media channels to opt out of this. Should you sign up for our newsletter we will contact you via; you may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
Online job applications
We only accept job applications online that are securely delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org. These are stored securely and are treated with the utmost confidence for recruiting purposes only; your data will not be shared with any other parties.
We keep job applications for as long as they are relevant up to a maximum of 6 months following which time they are deleted. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we will delete your data unless you have advised us that you would like us to keep it in our database for six months for any future roles.
Should you be successful in gaining employment, your initial application will be kept on your staff file for up to six years following you leaving the business.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By visiting and using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Changes and updates to this policy
We may change our Data Protection policy from time to time, to reflect the way we process your data.